Where we work
We have Eco Clubs within primary and secondary schools in Ibissil to Namanga sub-counties.
We work with primary and secondary students plus alumni of these schools to promote our objectives. We have build a movement of EcoClubers to promote the culture of environmental conservation and animal welfare.
Environment activities of the Eco Clubs of Kenya
- Tree planting projects around the school and immediate neighbourhood.
- Water harvesting.
- Improving and hygiene situation in the school, by building pit latrines and hand washing facilities.
- Encouraging use of Bio-gas and Bio-digesters to reduce use of firewood and charcoal.
- Organising school quizzes, essay writing and painting competitions on environmental topics.
- Organising nature walks in national parks, rivers and forests to learn about bio-diversity.
- Environment awareness campaigns within the community.
Animal Welfare activities of the Eco Clubs of Kenya
- Disaster Response for livestock and wildlife
- Teaching on Basic Concepts in Animal Welfare (primary school module)
- Drought mitigation and preparedness training includes hay production and water harvesting
HIV/AIDS activities of the Eco Clubs of Kenya
- HIV/AIDS basic education in a fun and interactive environment.
- Creating and compiling a My World My Life’ book.
- Drama, songs and poetry competitions with a HIV/AIDS theme.
- Training teachers on teaching and dealing with adolescent sexuality.
- Providing dignity kits (sanitary pads, underpants, soap) to girls in school.
Some of Eco Clubs of Kenya Past Partners